Friday, June 26, 2009

Daycare slots available in Highland Park


We finally found a daycare for Kidlo, La Casita Verde in Highland Park. A little farther than I wanted to be, but it's only about a 15 minute drive in the morning since it's a reverse commute. I really got a great feeling about it when I visited--it's clean, the house and yard are beautiful and the kids look happy and well-behaved.

As it turns out, they have plenty of openings for kids age 2 1/2 and up, because parents are pulling their kids out due to state funding cuts and job losses (we've been very lucky on that score, at least so far, knock wood). They are actively recruiting kids for the open slots and have asked me to put the word out to other parents. So...the word is out!

3 comments:

me said...

Hi Li! My son also goes to La Casita. Welcome! Which classroom is your son in? I'm Aidric's mom, in the infant room. I read your blog from time to time and I look forward to meeting you in person. I won't be at the parents meeting tomorrow because I'm going on vacation, but I usually try to go and encourage you to do so as well--we've been trying really hard to get parents involved more so that the school can be the best it can be!
Lisa

Li said...

Hi Lisa! Sadly, it turns out that the spot didn't open up as the director thought. :( But I'm still very interested in getting my son into La Casita. He's on the waiting list and I'm hoping that he will get into the preschool room in December.

Thanks so much for getting in touch. Do you live downtown? If yes, I hope you'll be coming to the family meet and greet on Sunday.

me said...

Bummer about LCV--I hope it works out for you. We don't live downtown, but I work downtown, so I spend a lot of time there. I've loved watching the transformation of downtown in the last 5 years I've been working here.